Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A letter to Hatua Likoni & LCFL

 
“You all are SO wonderful…I’m grateful for the opportunity to come see the important and meaningful work happening here. Likoni is certainly lucky to have you.

My stay was short, but I’ve been able to learn valuable skills from hearing your ideas and watching you each in your fitting roles. I especially love the time you take to greet one another, the way you value humor in the workplace, the dedication each of you has to your work, and the humble way you give generously.

Seeing how much you all seem to mean to one another and watching interactions between you and the students & families has emphasized the importance of RELATIONSHIPS in the work we do. I hope we will stay in touch. I wish each of you all the best…may you be successful, satisfied, and safe.

I leave with you a bookmark I made using the paintings done by my 3-year old class in Vermont – they graciously shared their work with me, as did Hatua Likoni – thank you for welcoming me and taking care of me during my lovely stay in Kenya. Much love and respect.”

By Jill Kirschner (Hatua Likoni Volunteer)





No comments:

Post a Comment